Caffeine has been linked to a variety of favorable health benefits including weight loss, increased alertness, focus, boosts energy, and enhanced overall exercise performance.
For that reason, it has been one of the most common and most utilized ingredients in pre-workout supplements to keep you up and running and to provide the most out of each of your training sessions. These benefits are seen in one of the best pre-workout supplements available, PhenQ Dietary Supplement.
However, its downside, caffeine isn’t for everyone. Caffeine may react negatively to others due to hypersensitivity that may result in insomnia, palpitation, anxiety, headache, nausea depending on your tolerance level.
The good news is if you are sensitive to caffeine, stim-free pre-workouts or caffeine-free pre-workout are available in the market to help you get in the groove for your workout!
In this article, we’ll introduce you to some of the best caffeine-free pre-workout supplements in the fitness world and provide you with an overview of their effectiveness to make your selections easier. We also identified some of the things you should consider when shopping for a stimulant-free pre-workout supplement towards the end.
Continue reading if you want to know more about it and let’s get started!
Best Caffeine Free Pre Workouts
1. Pumpsurge Stim Free Pre Workout Supplement
Pumpsurge by Jacked Factory contains ingredients L-citrulline, Beta anhydrous, and taurine that goes into your muscles to provide them the much-needed boost to reach your athletic performance during intense workouts.
This powerful blend improves blood flow and nitric oxide levels, thus enhancing the delivery of nutrients that promote thicker, fuller, and bigger muscles as well as accelerate muscle recovery.
Since it does not contain caffeine, it fully depends on ergogenic boosting ingredients and brain-enhancing nootropics like astragalus and ginseng root, which can help you focus and stay alert.
Pumpsurge is available in six amazing flavors namely blue raspberry, cherry limeade, cucumber lime, raspberry peach, strawberry lemonade, and watermelon. This stimulant-free pre-workout has received over 4,300 verified Amazon reviews and with a good star rating as of this writing.
- Manufactured in a USA cGMP Facility
- Contains no proprietary blends
- Nitric oxide enhancer; provides skin tearing muscle pumps
- Enhances muscle growth & vascularity
- Increase strength
- Enhance endurance
- Contains mentally boosting ingredients
- No artificial food coloring or additives, fillers, or dyes
- Pleasant taste
- Researched back ingredients
- Mixes very well with water
- Some users reportedly felt it lacks boosting capabilities
2. Evlution Nutrition Pump Mode Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Booster
Evlution Nutrition Pump Mode is a caffeine-free / stimulant-free pump enhancer that dilates the veins using betaine nitrate to allow for more blood circulation. Betaine nitrate aids you in performing better pumps, achieving a more effective muscular reaction, better mental performance, and recovering faster.
In addition, the Evlution Nutrition Pump also includes Vitamin C and D that help support a stronger immune system and fight off the free radical build-up in the body. These vitamins play an important role in supporting and prolonging nitric oxide levels in the body to support the maximum pump effect and muscle contractions.
Aside from that, this stim-free pre-workout also contains 65% Hydromax glycerol powder, Hydromax hydrates the body, supports an increase in body fluid volume, and helps prevent dehydration—all of which can contribute to better performance when training. 6 great tasting flavors to choose from, including cherry limeade, blue Raz, furious grapes, pineapple, pink lemonade, and watermelon that you’ll surely enjoy.
- Nitric oxide enhancer; boost blood flow
- Contains hydro max that provides muscle hydration and prevents dehydration when working out
- Pumps up your athletic performance to peak capacity
- Great for vascularity & endurance
- With 6 delicious flavors to choose from
- Contains 0 carbs
- Does not cause a sudden crash
- Some users reportedly felt it lacks boosting capabilities
3. PMD Sports Ultra Pump Fuel Caffeine Free Pre Workout Drink
If you’re searching for an athletic performance enhancer through the most extreme workouts, this all-in-one PMD Sports Ultra Pump caffeine-free pre-workout supplement is for you!
Unlike other stim-free pre-workout supplements, this contains not just one but multiple key ingredients to look for when searching for the best stimulant-free pre-workouts. This includes creatine, beta-alanine, citrulline, nitrosigine, betaine anhydrous, and huperzine A which boosts your workout performance without caffeine and jitters.
This ingredient pumps nitric oxide levels that help support strength, endurance, power, focus, and recovery. Moreover, this caffeine-free pre-workout drink also contains Vitamin C, Magnesium, and Calcium that promote stronger bones, prevents cramps, and enables proper muscle contraction, for a long-lasting muscle pump and workout.
- All in one pre-workout supplement
- With added vitamins and minerals
- Enhances strength, stamina, energy, focus & mood
- Spikes nitric oxide levels; provides intense muscle pumps
- With 3 stimulant level options: full stim (325mg caffeine), medium stim (200mg), and caffeine-free version or no stim
- Not recommended for those with soy allergy or intolerance
- Caffeine-free is only available in 1 flavor
4. Ultra Clean Stim-Free Pump Pre Workout + Nitric Oxide Booster
You’re looking at the right product if you’re seeking one of the most potent non-stimulant pre-workout energy supplements powder that will give you skin-tearing muscle pumps and flawless focus.
Ultra Clean Stim-Free Pre Workout + Nitric Oxide Booster is designed for people looking for natural and sugar-free pre-workout stimulants that can deliver as expected.
To give you the finest workout boost, this caffeine-free pre-workout is made with top-notch quality and natural ingredients that are entirely vegan, gluten-free, and keto-friendly.
- No carbs, calories, sugar, artificial sweeteners nor flavors, colors, GMOs, gelatin, soy, gluten, and major allergens.
- Great tasting
- Paleo approved
- 3rd party Lab Tested
- Manufactured in GMP Compliant Facility
- Boosting nitric oxide levels
- No crash
- You can return and have a free replacement of different flavors if you don’t like their taste
- Too sweet to some
- Only 2 flavors to choose from
5. Genius Pre Workout Powder
Genius contains L-Citrulline and beta-alanine for increased endurance. Other than physical boost, it’s also psychological as it also gives a sense of confidence and pumped-up feeling to workout at one’s peak capacity.
Apart from that, it also contains a wide range of substances, including betaine, tyrosine, Alpha-GPC, Huperzine, and others, all provide psychological focus. Without the use of caffeine, this blend of mentally boosting chemicals will ensure that you feel wonderful and have the best possible mix of focus and power.
This is one of the best-reviewed caffeine-free pre-workout supplements on the market, with over 6,800 reviews and good verified ratings on Amazon (as of this writing).
- Great top-notch ingredient and dosages
- Excellent well balanced mental performance enhancement
- World’s 1st Clinically Dosed Nootropics Based Pre Workout
- No artificial flavors, colors, and dyes
- Manufactured in GMP certifiedFacility
- Great tasting
- Certified organic
- 3rd party tested for purity
- With lots of positive user review
- No creatine
What to Look For When Buying Stimulant-Free Pre Workout
L-Citrulline, Beta-Alanine, Creatine, Tyrosine, Choline compounds, Betaine are just some of the main ingredients that popular stimulant-free pre-workout supplements use to provide your body the peak performance it needs during intense workouts. Always ensure to check and read the label to ensure you’re getting the energy you need without the caffeine.
Here are a few ingredients to consider when choosing a caffeine-free or stimulant-free pre-workout and their benefits:
- L- Citrulline – One of the most common ingredients in the pre-workout supplement is Citrulline. Citrulline causes a greater release of nitric oxide, which in turn increases blood flow and nutrient delivery to muscles. The increased blood flow is what’s responsible for the muscle-pumping sensation experienced after exercise. Definitely, a must-have!
- Beta-Alanine – Beta-alanine improves your endurance, prevents lactic acid build-up, and improves recovery time during workouts, this means you can keep going for longer hours and can train harder. No wonder why this ingredient is popular among athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
However, in case you didn’t know, taking too much Beta-alanine may cause an unwanted tingling sensation known as paraesthesia to some. Though relatively safe, this might affect focus and concentration during workouts.
- Creatine – Creatine is popular for its ability to build lean muscle mass and to improve strength, endurance, and recovery from exercise.
- Tyrosine – A non-essential amino acid that is known to increase neurotransmitters, which could lead to an enhanced state of alertness, attention, and mental focus. If you take it before a workout, you’re more likely to feel more energized.
- Betaine – Betaine, commonly found in beets, has been linked to helping athletes perform better. It promotes muscle growth and repair as well as increases strength and endurance by decreasing lactate levels that effectively slow down muscle fatigue.
In shopping for pre-workout supplements, it’s good that you take time reading reviews and articles to learn more about the products that you’ll be consuming and investing in.
All the products mentioned above are generally safe for market consumption but take time researching these ingredients and best if you consult health professionals to know which product is right for you.
That’s why “branded products” are expensive, because most of the time, it gives you peace of mind that you are buying a quality product that has been tried and tested by many. In the case of pre-workout supplements, you know you’re buying top-notch ingredients with above standards manufacturing processes for your safety and satisfaction.
Products that rely on marketing alone will not survive in the long run especially when consumers begin to attest whether it is indeed effective or not.
3. Third-party Tested
It adds credibility to the product’s marketing claims if it goes through independent third-party tests. It validates these claims and ensures the purity and potency of a product.
All the caffeine-free pre-workout mentioned above are not recommended for people under 18 years old. Best to consult your healthcare provider if you have any pre-existing medical condition or are taking any medication prior to using any of the products. Discontinue use and consult a medical doctor if you experience unusual symptoms.
**These products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Final Verdict: Which One Should You Buy?
Although the mentioned products are great in their own right, if we would choose, we would definitely recommend the Genius Pre Workout Powder.
Genius Pre Workout Powder provides top-notch ingredients with optimal doses for balanced mental and physical performance in or out of the gym. Thousands of satisfied users have also attested to its efficacy and quality.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a vegan option, the Ultra Clean Stim-Free Pump Pre Workout is for you.
As their name indicates, it contains a clean formula made from all-natural ingredients, it is packed with nitric oxide boosters and powerful nootropics that can help maximize your performance and reduce fatigue, allowing you to train harder. It also contains 0 sugar, 0 calories, 0 carbs, no artificial sweeteners/flavors/colors, GMOs, gelatin, dairy, soy, gluten & major allergens.
If you like this article, you might want to check out our other articles at ExpertFitness.org