I’m a personal fitness coach and because of this profession, I’ve come across Noom.
Noom is a useful health app designed to help users lose weight and keep it off long term. It focuses on making sustainable and tangible lifestyle changes rather than extreme styles of eating, like cutting certain food groups.
“Noomers” are given access to 10-minute daily lessons to help them develop healthier habits, 1:1 coaching so they achieve their personal health goals, and tracking the food they eat by scanning barcodes or searching a diverse food database.
And if you’re like me who’s considering syncing their Noom account to a fitness tracker, then I’ve put together some of the best options for you!
Hopefully, these best fitness trackers for Noom will make it easier for you to keep your diet and exercise journal. Let’s get started!
Top 5 Best Fitness Trackers that Work Best with Noom App
1. Apple Watch Series 6 – Best Apple Watch Overall
You can easily connect Noom to Apple Watch Series 6 via the Apple Health app or the watch itself and sync steps.
This is the fitness watch with an unrivaled user experience, potentially life-saving health and fitness features, and other fantastic apps. The brand itself builds this flagship smartwatch by adding a blood oxygen saturation sensor.
Such a feature calculates your SpO2 level and then captures periodic background measurements when you’re inactive and sleeping.
Apple truly understands the importance of this feature given the global pandemic as it shows how well your respiratory and circulatory systems are delivering oxygenated blood to your body.
Just a reminder, though, that accessing your Noom account from any secondary device while you are using it on your iPhone will cause the Apple Health app to disconnect from Noom. When that happens, it produces no steps.
To avoid this from happening, uninstall Noom from the iPad or any secondary device aside from your iPhone before syncing the Noom to your Apple Watch.
And if you’re wondering what other apps do Noom app syncs with on iOS, it includes iHealth, Omron, Misfit, Runkeeper, and more!
- Distinctive design with rounded corners
- Useful health apps
- Water-resistant to 165 feet
- With blood oxygen readings
- Always-on altimeter
- ECG on your wrist
- 60 million tracks (music or audiobook to listen to while working out)
- Easy to read display
- Long battery life
- Calls right at your wrist
- A little expensive than other fitness trackers
[Related post: Best Fitness Tracker for Weight Watchers]
2. Fitbit Charge 3 – Best Sports-Focused Fitness Tracker
Fitbit Charge 3 is next on this list as it gives you a better measure of your calorie burn and is equipped with 24/7 heart rate tracking. Another thing you’ll appreciate about this fitness tracker is that you get to choose from 15 exercise modes, like circuit training, bike, yoga, swim, run, and more!
It automatically record time spend in deep and REM sleep stages as well as lets you see Activity trends, personalized guidance, and healthy insights in one place.
Fitbit Charge 3 is water-resistant to 50 meters too. That just means it’s swim-proof in the same depth. You can track your swim although avoid using this in a sauna or hot tub.
It syncs well with the Noom app.
- Up to 7 days battery life
- Tracked metrics: step count, activities, sleep, calories, and heart rate
- Up to 50m waterproof
- Connects to smartphone GPS
- The strap is easier to change
- Larger display than its predecessor
- Better notifications
- Noom sync with Fitbit
- Some users reviewed that this watch’s battery life indicator is not accurate
- Comes with a proprietary charger
- No dedicated GPS (you have to carry your phone around if you run outdoors to track your distances or locations)
3. Garmin Vivoactive 4 – Best Fitness Watch with All-Day Health Monitoring Features
The Garmin Vivoactive 4 is one of the best lines in Garmin and works best for Noom too. This is a must for individuals who want a large variety of fitness and sports apps with upgrades in performance tracking and style as well.
It scores high marks in important features for a fitness tracker for Noom, such as health statistics, on-screen animations, and preloaded activity profiles. It is also equipped with a V02 Max indicator.
- With V02 Max indicator
- Multiple GNSS navigation protocols
- Analyzes heart rate, heart rate variability, heart performance conditioning
- Responsive screen
- It has a wide range of functions
- Other tracked metrics, sleep, breathing, hydration, and activity tracking
- This fitness tracker works with Noom
- Subpar battery life
4. Fitbit Charge 5 – Excellent Sleep and Stress Tracking Capabilities
Another fitness tracker from Fitbit is Charge 5 and this one works well with Noom.
This fitness tracking device allows you to optimize your workout routine and comes with a Health Metrics dashboard. Through it, you can check your heart rate variability, track SpO2, skin temperature variation, and more!
It may not be a cheap fitness tracker. However, for its price, you can already track stress and ECG. It even tells you your Daily Readiness Score, has a beautiful AMOLED screen, and counts your Active Zone Minutes.
To improve your fitness, other compatible apps of this fitness tracker aside from Noom are Strava, MyFitness Pal, Fitabase, LEADERBOARD, FindMyFitBit, and FitLine.
- Comfortable to wear
- A 6-month Premium subscription already included in the price
- AMOLED screen
- Built-in GPS
- Shows your body’s response to stress
- GPS/HR tracking issues
5. Garmin Forerunner 245 – Best Everyday Activity Tracker
You don’t have to be a runner to appreciate the features of the Garmin Forerunner 245. This is compatible with the Noom health app.
The Garmin Forerunner 245 provides you with a personalized workout and recovery insight for smarter training decisions. It moreover keeps tabs on VO2 max. The higher the VO2 max reading is, the higher you can perform.
As one of the best fitness trackers for Noom, this one moreover provides advanced running dynamics, such as stride length, ground contact time balance, vertical ratio, and more!
It tracks step data and evaluates your training status to know if you are overdoing your workout or undertraining. There are also added performance monitoring features.
- Advanced performance analytics
- With free adaptive training plans
- Custom workouts on Garmin Connect
- With safety and tracking features
- Up to 7 days battery life; 24 hours in GPS mode
- Besides having a lightweight band, it still feels quite plastic
- It takes a little time to set it up and understand how to update activity widgets
- Loading podcasts and music is time-consuming
- GPS sometimes takes a while to activate
What to Look for in Fitness Trackers for Noom
Here are some of the things for you to consider before buying a fitness tracker for Noom:
If you truly want to maximize your time spent wearing a fitness tracker to track your weight loss goals, then invest in a fitness tracker that can last between 7 to 10 days on a full charge.
Invest in a fitness tracker that is compatible with Noom. That way, you can easily sync it with the health app and pull your step count and other health and fitness data from your fitness tracker.
Should you prefer to sync blood glucose data, you may have to use a compatible monitoring device
Choose a fitness tracker that is water-resistant. Its water-resistance rating may mean you can take it in the pool or walk in the rain without worrying it gets damaged.
Fitness trackers that are water-resistant up to 100 meters tend to be water-friendly, such that you can wear them in the ocean.
[Related post: Best Smallest Fitness Trackers]
Final Verdict: Which One Should You Buy?
While all these fitness trackers work best with Noom, my top pick would be the Fitbit Charge 5.
I consider it the best fitness tracker for Noom because it has the most advanced health and fitness tracker. It connects to other health and fitness apps aside from Noom and has the convenience of being the size of a bracelet or a wristwatch!
If you like this article, you might want to read our other reviews at ExpertFitness.org.