Tweens – children who are not kids anymore but are also not teenagers – have a unique fashion statement. Most people in this age group prefer a more mature version of primary colors but such styles do not necessarily match the adult trends.
And speaking of fashion, tweens want a watch that is more than a watch. Meaning, these watches are both fashionable and feature-rich. If possible, it needs to be really durable and cute.
Luckily, such things exist.
Here, in this post, we’ve rounded up the best fitness trackers for tweens. Whether it’s for a birthday, graduation, or just because, find the best fitness tracker for tweens below!
Top 8 Best Fitness Trackers for Tweens
1. Fitbit Ace 3 Activity Tracker – Best For Collaborative Fitness Fun
The Fitbit Ace 3 Activity Tracker is designed for tweens and kids to be comfortable, swim-proof, and lightweight. In fact, it is water-resistant for up to 50 meters and we just love the fact that it is super easy to use.
We rated this as one of the best fitness trackers for tweens because it has interactive and fun features and tweens can track their daily activities all day long. They can even earn virtual badges!
Tweens can set custom challenges, send cheers, and exchange messages with their family members or friends using this technology. If you are buying this as a parent and are worried about who they may be contacting, this fitness tracker has parental controls so you can approve the people they are connecting with!
The Fitbit Ace 3 is also designed to help tweens keep moving and develop healthy habits in technologically fun ways. For example, it has a sleep tracking feature that gives the wearer and the parent some insights about the tweens’ quality of sleep.
If your child has trouble falling asleep, a sleep monitor and bedtime reminders would be really helpful. You may even set silent alarms. This comes in Blue Astro Green, Black/Racer Red, and Yellow colors.
- Swimproof (water-resistant to 50 meters)
- All-day activity tracking
- Helps kids develop healthy habits
- 8 days of battery life (varies with features used)
- Comes with bedtime reminders, silent alarms, and sleep tracking features
- Endorses trends to follow and a healthy lifestyle
- A family account allows parents to manage tween’s Ace 3
- Tweens can earn virtual badges/ incentives as they get moving
- With animated clock faces
- Easy to use
- Cute pedometer for the littles
- The band may not be as durable as the tracker itself
- It lacks additional features that you’ll find in other smartwatches
2. Fitpolo Fitness Tracker with Heart Rate Monitor – Best Waterproof Smart Watch
Fitpolo Fitness Tracker with Heart Rate Monitor is equipped with 1.33 inches TFT-LCD touch screen. It is packed with features that help you tune in to your body. Some of the features we like in this fitness tracker for tweens are sports records, sleep tracking alarm timer, relaxed guidance, menstrual health tracking, and so on.
It also comes with a built-in GPS mode that allows parents to record their tween’s route. All other information gets saved on the VeryFitPro app too.
You can even bind this fitness tracker to your mobile phone and it allows you to receive alerts of SMS, calendar, SNS (Whatsapp, Twitter, Snapchat, Skype, and more), and incoming calls on this watch. It never lets you miss important events!
Another great feature in this watch is the IP68 waterproof technology that makes it best not just for swimming, but diving too! It likewise features a 210mAh rechargeable battery that lasts up to ten days.
Tweens can even directly control the music from the tracker while parents can track their children’s activities via the app. It moreover monitors the sleep rate and heart rate 24/7 to track sleeping habits.
To make it more fun for the tweens, there are 9 different activities modes for this smartwatch too! Overall, it is an excellent fitness tracker for tweens.
- Equipped with a sleep tracker
- With alarm function
- Great battery life
- IP68 Waterproof Fitness Watch
- Works as a stopwatch
- With reminders
- 9 exercise modes
- 24/7 heart rate and sleep tracker
- Full Touch Fitness Watch
- Music control
- GPS route tracking feature
- Female tweens can turn on the female health tracking to log periods and track cycle
- Handy “Find My Phone” feature
- Step and sleep accuracy can sometimes be a little off
3. BIGGERFIVE Ultra Slim Fitness Tracker – Best Smallest Fitness Tracker
BIGGERFIVE Ultra Slim Fitness Tracker is a lightweight and ultra-slim watch designed for tweens and kids. Compared to other fitness trackers nowadays, it does not have a wide and long adult watch strap. It just goes to show that BIGGERFIVE focuses on providing comfort to the person wearing it.
This small fitness tracker is even made of durable and flexible TPU material that does not contain harmful substances. It records all-day activities, moving distance, walking steps, and other active minutes of tweens.
BIGGERFIVE fitness tracker also works as a sleep monitor so parents and the tween can automatically detect the sleep pattern. To see all the recorded data, just check the phone’s app.
We consider this a top-notch activity tracker at an affordable price and is great for girls and boys. Lastly, it supports phone reminders and messages. It is also compatible with WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Built-in USB design
- Long battery time (1 to 2 hours of charge can last for up to 7 days)
- Free VeryFitPro app
- With a silent alarm clock if you prefer to wake up without disturbing others (vibration alarm)
- Automatically tracks steps, calories burning, and distance by tapping the watch display
- Resetting the alarm requires re-pairing, meaning it blanks the other existing settings
- Step accuracy is a little off
- You can only control one watch on the app
4. WAFA Fitness Tracker – Best Less Expensive Fitness Tracker
WAFA Fitness Tracker continuously tracks real-time blood pressure, heart rate, and sleep time. It also has a built-in GPS to help you accurately record distance and speed during outdoor activities, such as walking and running.
When it comes to battery life, this multifunction fitness tracker doesn’t disappoint. Plus, its low-power chip can last for one week when in an all-time motion mode and 15 days for standby mode. You can even increase the usage time by simply adjusting the screen brightness in the phone app.
If you want to activate the stopwatch function, just check the H Band App and there you’ll see the stopwatch function. You can also use this device to calculate more things or record your exercise time.
Just like some of the high-end fitness trackers for kids or tweens, this one is equipped with a sedentary prompt feature as well to help you lead a healthy life. Basically, what this feature does is monitor your activity and will notify you of sound or vibration when you sit for too long.
Durability-wise, the WAFA activity tracker is built in a metallic case and not plastic. For the money, this is one of the best Bluetooth-capable watches in the market. Everything works as mentioned by the brand.
- real-time recording of movement (steps and calories burned)
- Long-standing time
- With sedentary prompt feature
- Fitness tracker vibration reminder
- Full-size screen helpful to help the user see better
- Up to 7 days battery life when in an all-time motion mode, 15 days for standby mode
- Finding Your Phone feature an awesome plus
- While it says waterproof, few users claim it does not exactly meet the Waterproof IP67 standards
5. Fitbit Inspire 2 Health & Fitness Tracker – Best Sporting Features
Next on our list is the Fitbit Inspire 2 Health & Fitness Tracker with good battery life, heart rate monitoring, and simple styling. All its features will help a tween gently nudge towards a more active lifestyle.
It counts steps, push-ups, jumps, and almost every move you make. By default, its setting will also intermittently encourage you to move and reward you for reaching your daily goals by letting off some virtual fireworks. Of course, if you don’t want this feature, you can always turn it off.
This great fitness tracker is unlike other purely motion-based trackers. It has a heart rate feature that allows you to learn more than just the number of hours you spent lying still. It generates sleep quality scores and also has a reminder when it’s time for you to go to bed.
We also like its unobtrusive styling, unlike other kids’ fitness trackers. It has a notification feature that enables you to see whether the person is worth interrupting your workout for and you can receive alerts from apps.
- 10 days battery life without constant charging
- Tracks time and deep, REM sleep
- Swimproof tracker
- With Earn Active Zone MInute’s feature to encourage you to move
- Free 1-year premium trial for new Premium users
- All-day activity tracking
- 24/7 heart rate tracking
- Measures calorie burned
- Small screen
- No built-in GPS
6. Amazfit Band 5 Activity Fitness Tracker
Do you prefer a tween fitness tracker that allows you to talk to Amazon Alexa? Then, your best choice would be the Amazfit Band 5 Activity Fitness Tracker! With that feature alone, you can ask Alexa questions, set alarms, and timers, get translations, control your smartphone devices, check the weather, and more!
This fitness tracker also impressed us with its blood oxygen saturation monitor feature as it can help you better understand your physical state. This is useful for both high-intensity workouts and sports, like marathons.
Its Amazfit Band 5 strap professionally interprets the sleep characteristics at every stage and analyzes your sleep quality. It even monitors when you take a nap.
This best fitness tracker for tweens is likewise equipped with BioTracker TM2 PPG optical sensor, which performs real-time 24/7 heart rate monitoring and alerts you if you reach a high heart rate.
Other features of this fitness tracker are 5 ATM water resistance, full-touch color AMOLED screen, 45+ watch faces, and a decent battery life of up to 15 days under typical usage. However, take note that as soon as you turn on all the features, the battery life lasts only 5 to 7 days.
- Monitors sleep quality, even daily naps
- With stress level tracking
- 11 built-in sports modes
- Measures blood oxygen saturation
- Amazon Alexa built-in
- Women’s health tracking
- Good battery life (15 days typical usage, 25 days for power-saving mode)
- 1.1” full-touch color AMOLED screen
- It has the ability to switch to 45+ watch faces
- Inexpensive fitness tracker
- Comfortable band
- Other users prefer if the font on the watch is made a little bigger so it’s easier to read notifications
- Challenging menu structure
- Once the spO2 feature is turned on, battery life may only last 7 days
7. Cubitt Jr Smart Watch Fitness Tracker
Cubitt Jr Smart Watch Fitness Tracker is a nice-looking watch that is easy to set up with the app. It has amazing smart functions for tweens and kids, such as a body temperature monitor (it records data 24/7), 10 daily alarms for good habits (homework, go to bed, breakfast, go to school, etc.), and 8 games to practice brain intelligence.
Parents can even set a lock for this device with a password. A user can also receive calls, texts, and social media notifications. Incoming calls come with an option to hang up or alert via vibration reminders.
As for its all-day fitness tracking feature, it has a built-in accelerometer sensor. It records steps, track distance traveled, review active minutes, and get calories burned. If you are someone who loves workouts or staying active, you can even view your exercise progress directly from the app.
The band of Cubitt Jr Smart Watch Fitness Tracker is very lightweight and feels nice. Overall, this one makes an ideal present for tweens and kids.
- With 6 different sports modes, including basketball, walking, running, riding, climbing, and free sports
- Automatically monitors sleep and daily heart rate
- App pairing is simple.
- built-in accelerometer sensor
- It has smart functions customized for tweens and kids
- Supports versatile lifestyle
- Good habits notifications
- The bracelet, although lightweight, may not be that durable
8. DoSmarter Fitness Watch
DoSmarter Fitness Watch is a 1.3-inch touch screen smartwatch that vibrates and reminds users to get up and move if they’ve been sitting for too long. In short, it helps you lead a healthier lifestyle.
With this fitness watch on your wrist, you can also track steps walked, active minutes, distance traveled, and calories burned. And for a better wearable experience, it is equipped with an adjustable lighting condition.
You can even view your data on a clear, bright screen and you can customize the watch face that suits your fashion preference.
- Battery lasts up to 5 days
- Tracks calories burned, distance traveled, steps walked
- HD color touchscreen
- A swim watch
- 10 sports modes
- Intelligent sleeping monitoring to help you sleep better
- 24/7 continuous heart rate tracking
- Affordable bargain
- Watch-like style
- Easy to operate
- Blood pressure data is not accurate
[Related post: Best Fitness Tracker for Yoga]
What to Look for in Fitness Trackers for Tweens
There are dozens of fitness trackers for tweens on the market that will help the wearer build healthy habits and be accountable to their fitness goals. Like with other kid- and tween-focused gadgets, it is best to know the things to look for when buying a fitness tracker. Here are a few things to prioritize:
Almost all fitness trackers count steps, the total active minutes, sleep, and distance. It would also be nice if it displays “In Case of Emergency/ ICE” information, such as allergens, important phone numbers, and addresses.
For us, we prefer smartwatches or fitness trackers that are GPS-enabled, can work as a sleep tracker, and have call and text alerts.
The best tween or kids fitness tracker is durable too! It should have a build that will not succumb quickly to scuffs or scratches regardless of how rough your son or daughter plays.
Long Battery Life
Battery life is another important feature for tween’s fitness tracker. Find one that has a long battery life after a single full charge to ensure that the watch will operate 24/7, even when they sleep or are exercising.
When shopping for the best fitness trackers for tweens, you may also want to pay attention to the connectivity options. Most fitness trackers can be paired to mobile devices over Bluetooth. This way, it’s easy to connect the watch to the internet for syncing fitness data.
[Related post: Best Fitness Tracker for Weight Watchers]
Final Verdict: Which One Should You Buy?
So, those are the top 8 best fitness trackers for tweens. These trackers are more in demand today and are some of the best devices that keep tweens active and entertained.
For our top choice, it would be the Fitbit Ace 3 Activity Tracker. We just love that tweens don’t have to spend so much time charging this device so they’ll have more time moving. Plus, it has good battery life.
The fact that it makes fitness fun for tweens and it helps motivate them to build healthy habits together with family and friends, this fitness tracker is definitely worth checking out!
We hope you find the right fitness tracker after reading this post.
If you like this article, you might want to read our other reviews at ExpertFitness.org.
Other similar articles: