Concentration curls, reverse dumbbell fly, dumbbell bench press, and dumbbell row – the list of exercises you can do using a weight bench is almost endless. That’s what makes them so versatile!
If you want to spice up your at-home workouts or are serious about strength training, investing in a weight bench is a good idea. That being said, there are plenty of flat benches in the market today.
Some flat benches are pretty expensive (like the Rogue Monster Utility Bench), others come at a more affordable price.
After hours of research on home weight bench options and pouring over hundreds of customer reviews (based on ease of use, build quality, value for money, and customer rating), I’ve come up with some interesting options listed below.
Are you ready to get to shopping and purchase a new flat weight bench for your home gym or for commercial use? Here are my top picks for you!
Top 5 Best Flat Weight Benches
|1.REP FITNESS FB-3000 Flat Bench||2. Titan Fitness Weight Bench Flat||3.Adidas Essential Benches||4.Bowflex Weight Bench Series||5.Steelbody Deluxe Versatile Flat Utility Workout Bench|
|Maximum Weight Capacity||1,000 lb max capacity||1000 lb.||330.7lbs (150kg).||600 Pounds||800 Pounds|
|Dimensions||17.5″ tall x 47″ longWeight: 45 lbs||54 x 12 x 9 inches; 53 Pounds||54.72 x 25.2 x 46.85 inches||49.5 x 28.1 x 61.3 inches||43.5 x 17 x 26.5 inches|
|Fixed or Adjustable||Fixed||Fixed||Adjustable||Adjustable||Fixed|
1. REP FITNESS FB-3000 Flat Bench
The REP FITNESS FB-3000 Flat Bench is advertised as a pro-grade flat bench. Well, for starters, it is the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) rated with a maximum weight load capacity of 1,000 lb.
A product like this that does not compromise the user’s safety is something I would give a high score for in terms of build quality. Then, it also has a decent cushioning (12” paid width) and it’s a grippy pad, so it prevents you from sliding around the bench as you sweat.
Fitness enthusiasts with big workout space.
- High-density foam padding
- It allows you to stay in the correct position, but also have enough “slide” so you can move a bit
- Comfortable and sturdy (it has the right balance of softness and hardness)
- Adapts well to uneven flooring once you tighten the feet
- Nicely padded
- No metal cross support at the ends of the bench so you have to be careful with its corners
- Others don’t find it easy to assemble
2. Titan Fitness Weight Bench Flat
My first impressions of the Titan Fitness Weight Bench Flat are good. First, you will notice that it has a sturdy frame and even its wheels are designed to handle workout changes.
It is also equipped with a thick pad. You may not fully appreciate this feature, but once you begin your weight lifting and you focus on pushing yourself to achieve muscle gains, this basic flat bench has the right support.
Bodybuilders, as it can support up to 1,000 lbs, and they can perform multiple strength training exercises, like dumbbell work or use Olympic weight plates, in this heavy-duty steel bench.
- 1,000 lbs total weight capacity
- Material is made from steel so it’s durable
- Comfortable padding (sleek leather finish for style and comfort)
- Trusted brand
- Light enough that it is easy to move this high-quality bench
- Some buyers find it hard to assemble
- It may need time before this flat utility bench gets “shaped” or flattened to the ground. So, it may wobble a bit in the beginning.
3.Adidas Essential Benches
If you prefer an adjustable utility bench, then this product from Adidas is worth considering. This bench weighs 12.5 Kilograms and has a weight capacity of 330.7lbs.
It has comfortable back and seat pads. These pads offer protection and comfort as well with rubberized feed so you remain stable during your workout.
The backboard of this bench has three mounting systems. You may use this as an incline bench or a decline bench. This home gym gear is also lightweight, foldable, and very easy to store.
Unweighted and weighted exercises. Since it offers flat back, incline, and upright positioning, you can broaden your workout options or follow a well-rounded strength program using this utility bench.
- Comfortable padding
- Easy to follow assembly instructions
- Comes with a 2-year quality assurance warranty
- Features integrated dip bars
- It can be used as an adjustable incline bench
- Sturdy and makes a good addition to your home gym
- The 45 degrees mounting system may be ideal for incline dumbbell curls and incline dumbbell presses, but it would be nicer if there’s a greater degree of control over the angle.
4. Bowflex Weight Bench Series
Next, would be the Bowflex Bench, which I think can make a pretty good centerpiece for your home gym. How much weight can it carry? That’s 600 pounds.
While not as much compared to the 1,000lb weight capacity of the previous fixed and adjustable benches mentioned, this one is capable to be adjusted for up to 6 positions. From decline, to flat, to 30 degrees and even up to 90 degrees.
This heavy-duty bench is also built to last long. Thanks to its heavy-duty steel construction.
Those living in a small space (an apartment, for instance) as it can easily be folded up and can fit in a good-sized closet. Although, take note, that this is a pretty big bench when in use.
- Very versatile: you can work out in this bench in flat, decline, 30°, 45°, 60°, and 90°
- Heavy-duty flat bench
- Saves space
- An easy click of a button and it can already be stowed away when not in use
- Nicely-designed packaging
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to adjust the angle
- There’s a huge gap between the back part and the seat when laid flat (very few find it uncomfortable) while others don’t mind
- Design on the feet is not so comfortable if you want to put your feet when weightlifting
- No option to attach leg extension
5. Steelbody Deluxe Versatile Flat Utility Workout Bench
The Steelbody Deluxe Versatile Flat Utility Workout Bench is versatile equipment as it comes with transport wheels so you can easily move this, from the recreation room or the gym to where you want to conveniently store the unit.
This affordable bench is designed for efficient training as it is furnished with a thick bench pad (vinyl covering) that offers enhanced support and comfort.
Strength training and home gym weightlifting.
- 800 lbs. weight limit/ capacity
- Furnished with a thick vinyl covering for enhanced support
- Comes with transport wheels
- Made of durable steel
- Powder-coated finish
- Good height and length
- Can easily be stood up for easy storage
- Assembly was easy and fast
- Very few users find the padding “grippy,” meaning they cannot easily slide from one position to another
What to Look for in a Flat Bench/ Adjustable Bench
Some features of a weight or utility bench that you should look out for include:
Fixed or Adjustable
First, decide whether you want a flat bench or an adjustable bench. A flat bench allows a more fluid and natural movement, making it easy to use.
But with an adjustable bench, you can also set it in an incline or decline, so you’re getting the best of both worlds. Yet, the adjustable components also mean they require more maintenance so they can continually offer you a range of motion every workout.
Maximum Weight Load/ Weight Capacity
Next, consider the weight capacity of the bench. To pick the right exercise bench, consider how much you will weigh at your biggest and the weight load you are planning to lift at your strongest.
A cheap flat bench is a no-no if weight capacity is what you will think of. The best weight benches should be able to handle at least 300 pounds, but it would be better if the flat bench can handle a higher maximum load.
Flat bench weight sizes vary drastically. So, make sure that you check the dimension of the best adjustable weight bench before buying one. Trying to squeeze a big adjustable bench (Olympic weight bench) into your tiny space may not leave you enough space to actually train.
Some are solid flat benches, others are foldable, which is a nice option if you want to keep it stowed away when not in use.
Final Verdict: Which One Should You Buy?
Overall, based on their value for money, build quality, ease of use, and customer score, my top pick would be one from Titan Fitness.
Compared to other flat utility benches, this bench is suitable for home or gym use. Also, it’s not so often you get the same weight capacity as what this unit can offer.
I also consider it as a good flat bench because of its sturdy construction and it comes with wheels. It has just the right bench length (48 inches) and bench width (12 in.). The quality of this unit is second to none. It doesn’t even wobble even when placed on a carpet.