Vertical jump, an act of leaping upwards into the air, is an effective exercise for building explosive power and endurance. Vertical jump training maximizes the muscle contraction of a person by strengthening the fast-twitch muscle fibers, which converts strength into speed and agility.
This is why the best athletes in the world participate in a vertical jump training program or use the best pieces of equipment to improve their vertical jumping ability!
If you’re also in your quest for a super jump, ExpertFitness.org provides you a list of the best vertical jump training to learn everything you need to know before you buy.
Top 8 Best Equipment for Vertical Jump Training
1. BalanceFrom 3 in 1 20″ 24″ 30″ Foam Plyometric Box
Do you want a super vertical jump? Then, you should consider the BalanceFrom 3 in 1 20″ 24″ 30″ Foam Plyometric Box.
The reason why I like this vertical jump training equipment is that the exercise is simple, but it targets all the muscle groups of your lower body, including your glutes, calves, quadriceps, and hamstrings – all working together to enhance your strength and power.
As for this BalanceFrom 3-in-1 Foam Plyometric Box, it is made of durable foam material and has an anti-slip surface, which is unique compared to other Plyo boxes. That way, you don’t have to worry as you increase the vertical jump that you may be injured since you have the stability that you need in every single jump you make.
This product weighs 16 pounds, although you can choose the heavy-duty option that weighs 60 pounds. The benefit is that you can switch or rotate the box to get a 20-inch, 24-inch, or 30-inch box that you would want to do your jump training on!
Athletes of just about any sport (basketball, volleyball, or football) or activity who want to improve their athletic performance by doing plyometric exercises, such as depth jumps and lateral jumps.
- Helps increase vertical jump
- With anti-slip surface
- Durable foam material
- With padding that makes box jumps less intimidating
- Three-in-one box
- Easy to move
- The box is so light that some users experienced a little wobbling during jump training, especially when they use the 30” side. The solution to this concern is keeping your weight evenly distributed in plyo boxes so it remains stable
2. INNSTAR Vertical Jump Trainer Leg Strength Resistance Bands Set
Another vertical jump training tool that can help you get back into shape, burn the unsightly love handles, or just become a healthy person, in general, is the INNSTAR Vertical Jump Trainer Leg Strength Resistance Bands Set.
This is made of high-quality resistance bands, specifically natural latex so that it can maintain its resistance for a long period of time. Each tube band of this tool is double layered to provide users maximum resistance during their jump training drills.
The contents of the package when delivered to you include one waist belt, 2 bands, 2-foot straps, and 1 carry bag. How do these things help you to jump higher?
Simply attach the INNSTAR vertical jump band around your legs and plant your feet wider than your shoulder-width apart. With knees inline in toes, stay in a squat position and hold this for a full 30 seconds. Doing this will help you feel the burn in your quads, hips, and rear.
Another thing I appreciate with this tool (and one I suggest you incorporate with your vertical jump program) is that you can choose the resistance level that matches your pull strength. This is helpful for beginners because they would naturally want to prefer lightweight training first.
As for the adjustable range of the waistband, it is from 27.5 to 38.5 inches. And you can opt for the XL set of waist belts, which is 44 inches. The manufacturer also offers customized services. Customers simply have to contact them and let them know the size of their ankles and waist.
Basketball, football, and volleyball sports training. This is also ideal for squat training as it improves the leg strength and running speed of a person.
- Durable resistance bands as it is made of natural latex
- Improves your jump level
- Adjustable waistband for up to 285 inches
- You can choose the level of resistance that suits your strength
- There are no assembly directions in this
- The cable clip that locks this jump trainer may unclip when in use, although some users don’t experience this
3. SKLZ Speed and Agility Ladder
To help improve the three important fitness factors – speed, quickness, and agility – in addition to strengthening your tendons, ligaments, and joints, invest in this SKLZ Speed and Agility Ladder!
I believe this is one of the best tools to improve your vertical jump height, like for basketball players, because it can help improve your lateral speed, acceleration, and change of direction.
You can also improve your quickness through lift frequency and accelerated foot strike. This SKLZ Speed and Agility Ladder comes with 11 heavy-duty plastic rungs that measure 17” wide & 15” long to help maximize your arm swing velocity and build explosive leg power.
For easy portability, it comes with a carry bag and it takes just a few minutes to set this up.
Athletes of all levels, like basketball players, want to strengthen jumping muscles and control the center of mass while doing footwork patterns.
- Includes carry bag/ folds up easily
- Good for speed training and strengthening fast-twitch muscles
- Can help improve your quickness
- Durable as it is made of duty plastic rungs
- Uses thick, runged nylon straps
- Comes with an instruction booklet that tells you exactly what you can expect from this tool
- Good for outdoor
- Other customers find the size slightly slimmer than other agility ladders
4. SKLZ Speed Chute/ Resistance Parachute for Speed and Acceleration Training
Next on our list of exciting innovations that will improve your jump height is the resistance parachute. This SKLZ MAC Resistant Parachute, specifically, helps produce resistance during springtime.
This helps improve your strength and speed at the same time. Not to mention that this tool folds up easily. This tool provides progressive resistance, which means that the faster you run, the more this tool drags. The result of which is increased strength and enhanced strides.
By adding resistance to your strength exercises, you also improve your vertical leap since you have to use more force. Measuring 7.87 x 7.09 x 1.97 inches and weighing 0.45 kilogram, this resistance parachute has a quick-release belt buckle so you can train with acceleration bursts.
The 360-degree rotation belt of this speed chute likewise enables you to train in any direction. For instance, when you’re positioned on the left or right hip, you can get off the line laterally.
Pro and amateur sprinters, football players, and other athletes seeking to develop explosive movement and speed while they run lifting.
- Comes with a 360° rotation belt
- There’s a quick-release belt buckle that allows acceleration bursts during training
- Made of synthetic material
- Lightweight to carry outdoors
- Fully adjustable and heavy-duty nylon belt
- It would be better if this tool comes with a real shoulder strap attachment instead of a waist strap.
- Some users said it works properly but offers minimal resistance compared to other resistant parachutes.
5. Pro Agility Ladder and Cones – Agility Soccer Cones
Jump higher with these Pro Agility ladders and Cones.
This jump training system or set is designed for the legs and you can perform different exercises. This is because it already contains a 15-foot agility ladder, 4 ground anchors, 12 disc cones, and a heavy-duty equipment bag so you can maximize your vertical jumping capabilities.
The rungs are well-spaced and unlike other equipment, it does not slide around with every missed step or little bump during vertical jump training.
Moreover, the use of agility soccer cone drills and ladder can improve the user’s foot speed, strength, and endurance.
Coaches, trainers, and athletes as it is an agility training set meant for durability and performance.
- Makes a vertical jump training program more effective as the tools come in a set
- A trusted brand in the sports training market
- Tangle-free straps in ladder
- Good quality
- Other buyers have not received the quickness drill-free ebook that comes with the purchase
6. Aduro Sport Weighted Vest Workout Equipment
The Aduro Sport Weighted Vest Workout Equipment can help you jump higher. It’s because the extra weight in your upper body or torso can have a profound impact on your vertical jump workouts.
The unique thing about this workout equipment is that it contains iron and not river sand, which other fitness enthusiasts complain is smelly.
There is also a mesh pocket on the back of this tool that saves room if you want to add extra weight pockets.
Since you are forcing your body to move at a weight more than what it is accustomed to, you will find that your quickness, power, and strength also improve because your nervous system begins to believe that you have gained extra weight and the body adapts accordingly.
So, when the weighted vest is removed, your body still reacts as if the weight is there, resulting in higher jumps and faster gain.
Weight and cardio training to help increase the efficiency of your workout. This is also ideal for women, men, or kids.
- Helps add strength training to a cardio workout
- Helps increase agility and endurance
- Odor-less filling as it contains iron and not river sand
- Weight is evenly distributed to prevent sliding and slipping during
- Some buyers reviewed that they wish the vest was a tighter fit
- Few experienced the fillings leaking out after months of use
7. VertiMax Raptor Bundle
The VertiMax Raptor Bundle is probably one of the most effective vertical jump training systems any athlete can use since it allows you to maximize vertical lift components, arm swing velocity, and leg power, which altogether lead to vertical jump performance gains.
While costly than other tools in vertical jump training equipment in this list, this bundle is designed for long-term use. I also like the design of this product and it is durable too.
The box itself, which measures 36” wide by 8” high, is a lightweight metal. It has a handle so it is easy to carry it in places where you want to train to get a higher vertical jump.
You can also target specific muscles using VertiMax since the bands/ resistance cables can be stretched up to 45 yards (using the Raptor EX). This means that you can complete consecutive uninterrupted reps for a given mobility drill.
The product resembles that of a wide but thin suitcase, where bungee-like cords are found at the back of the box. Just to be clear, these resistance lines do not create elastic resistance but are more constant because of the mechanism found inside the device.
Resisted sports training, but is also ideal for all sports.
- Adjustable resistance from Level 1 (2-4 pounds of resistance) to level 4 (12-24 pounds of resistance)
- Provides more resistance than other band technology
- Can train up to five people at one time
- Weights 15 lbs and can be used on the track/ field or indoors
- High-speed training
- Good investment for coaches to a vert shock program
- Allows training across long distances and with multiple drills
8. Jump99 Strength Plyometric Training Shoes
The Jump99 Strength Plyometric Training Shoes are used to increase power for jumping higher and running faster. It is also used to increase the athlete’s jump soles speed.
The overload of this pair of shoes works the Achilles tendons and calves with a force that is equal to six times the user’s body weight.
You can likewise get the best jump results or build fast-twitch muscles in your lower leg as these shoes enable you to lower your 50M dash by 2/10th of a second.
Compared to ordinary sports shoes, I also personally believe that these training shoes will improve your athleticism with increased power and strength. Why? It’s because the heel factor in regular shoes is removed.
By heel factor, I mean 70% of the body’s weight rests on a heel when using regular shoes. This is eliminated in these training shoes because your calves will be supporting 100% of the body’s weight.
So, if you are a basketball player, who wants to give your maximum effort in your jumps at your rebounds and layups, this pair of Jump99 Strength Plyometric Training Shoes is worth investing in.
Multiple sports training, like in soccer, football, MMA, volleyball, and basketball as it helps athletes jump higher during a spike, for instance, or quickly change directions on a football field.
- Comes in a variety of sizes
- You don’t need to push heavy weights around you but you can just get to jumping
- Increases calf mass
- Improves physical qualities of the user, such as kicking, jumping, balance, bone density, change of direction speed, and calf muscle strength, among others
- It is not ideal for people with shin splints (inflammation of muscles and bone tissue around the tibia)
- Does not come with a workout manual and is not easy for someone who is just getting started with this pair of shoes
What to Look for in a Vertical Jump Training Equipment
What exactly will be the purpose why you’re buying the vertical jump training tool aside from improving your vertical jump height? Is it because you want to have better footwork?
Do you want to improve your speed? To improve your balance? Boost your aerobic activity? Help with your endurance?
Is it to provide resistance? Or perhaps your focus is to burn more calories? By knowing the purpose of the training equipment, it will be easier to pick which one is right for you.
There are major muscles that you need to target when you’re in the quest for a super jump.
It could be your abdominals, calf muscles, hamstrings, quads, or gluts. Some exercise equipment doesn’t work for all these five groups equally, while others do.
How safe is the equipment you choose? If you choose plyo boxes, for instance, does it have rubber stoppers at the bottom so that they will not slip when you jump off and on them? If it’s a trap bar, does it have a decent weight capacity or does it come with easy-load bars?
Some of the safest vertical jump tools that are also affordable include a medicine ball and a jump rope.
Final Verdict: Which One Should You Buy?
After considering the benefits that the tool can offer, its price, and the reviews online, my top pick in this list would be the INNSTAR Vertical Jump Trainer Leg Strength Resistance Bands.
It’s a speed training harness and I think it’s a great way to challenge your lateral quickness and the design allows athletic movements for real-world movements, like in tennis, basketball, football, and soccer.
Nevertheless, if you are a serious athlete who wants to beat the competition, investing in any training technology mentioned herein will surely challenge your athletic peak!
If you like this article, you might want to read our other reviews at ExpertFitness.org.