Without a doubt, there are many benefits that you can get from doing bench presses, like increasing your upper body strength, improving your bone health, and increasing your pushing power.
A bench press may look simple, but is actually a challenging piece of equipment. It involves lying flat on your back on a weight training bench and holding a barbell or dumbbell to utilize different muscles on your upper body.
But weight benches come in different types to target different muscle groups. There’s that traditional flat weight bench, an adjustable bench, folding bench, Olympic bench, preacher curl bench, and an abdominal bench. Which of these do you need?
If you do decide to buy an affordable weight bench for your home gym, we compiled some choices for you and the features that you need to be looking out for so it will fit your exercise needs and in your garage gym too!
Check out these weight benches under $100 to learn everything you need to know before you buy.
Top 5 Weight Benches Under $100
|1. Marcy Multi-Position Exercise Bench||2. BangTong&Li Flat Weight Bench||3. PASYOU Adjustable Weight Bench||4. Pelpo Adjustable Weight Bench||5.CEAYUN Adjustable Strength Training Bench|
|Maximum Weight Capacity||300 pounds||660 Pounds||500 Pounds||660 Pounds||600 pounds|
|Dimensions||LxWxH: 54 x 19 x 45 inches||122 x 35 x 20 centimetres||Flat Size:55 x 15.75 x 20 inches (L x W x H)||54 x 15 x 18 inches||N/A|
|Adjustable||Yes. Degrees: -30, 0, 20, 37, 54, and 81||Yes||Yes. Adjustable backrest for 7 workout positions||Yes: 6 Level Backrest and 3 feet positions, Incline/Decline Adjustments||Yes: 7 position weight bench|
1. Marcy Multi-Position Exercise Bench
The Marcy Multi-Position Workout Utility Bench has a sturdy bench frame that is made of powder-coated steel. It also has a comfortable upholstery, which helps firmly support the body.
Because this weight bench has an ergonomic structure, it allows you to exercise efficiently and properly. Based on customer reviews, this weight bench is stable although some hope that the leg bars are somehow wider so it feels more stable like those commercial-grade weight benches.
But for its adjustability, build and fastening, convenience, controls, and functionality, and value for money, this deserves to be one of the best weight benches under $100.
Fitness enthusiasts who are building muscle, losing weight, or burning calories right at the comfort of their home.
- Ergonomically designed structure
- Allows you to perform different fitness exercises
- Durable framework with 300 pounds weight capacity
- Soft foam roller pads that help cushion legs while doing ab exercises
- Compact design
- Multiple back positions
- Full-body workout station
- Easy to assemble
- Foot padding sometimes slides off
- No pin support for a back adjustment
2. BangTong&Li Flat Weight Bench
The BangTong&Li Flat Weight Bench is a do-it-all bench in your office or home and does not take up valuable floor space. It allows you to perform various exercises as well as strengthen your lower and upper body.
We also noticed that regardless of how intense your workout would be, you can be safe that the power tower will stay steady. Thanks to the non-slip end caps that not only protect the floor but also protects you as you exercise.
Men and women who want to stay healthy and have a good figure but prefer to purchase exercise equipment that is a space-saver. This is also ideal for those looking for the best weight bench that is versatile to use and parts are easily available.
- Solid construction (heavy-duty steel tube frame)
- Folding stool leg
- Non-slip end caps
- High-density padding
- Versatile use
- Easy to assemble
- Soft and cushiony
- Reasonably priced
- Some users experience the pad wobble when doing lying physical exercises (bench fly or bench press)
- There is a plastic covering on the feet but is not rubber
- It may be ideal only for intermittent light use
3. PASYOU Adjustable Weight Bench
The PASYOU Adjustable Weight Bench is a foldable incline decline fitness bench that comes with seven backrest positions. Its seat and backrest are made of polyurethane leather, which is wear-resistant and non-slip.
Aside from having lots of functionalities, this incline bench is also very sturdy. It has a great cushion for both the preacher pad and the bench itself. Even for those with wooden floors, this flat bench just stays in place.
Avid weightlifters who are looking for a more affordable yet sturdy weight bench.
This product is also best for those who prefer a lightweight bench that is easy to relocate or move around from one place to another but is stable or stays in place during the workout itself.
- Easy to fold up
- With 7 back positions to meet different workout needs
- Unique triangle structure as a dumbbell bench
- Made of heavy-duty thickened still, ensuring you that this flat bench is durable for long term use
- The bench can sometimes be slippery despite using a polyurethane leather material in the backrest
- Very few users find the seat of this utility bench a bit too deep or too long.
4. Pelpo Adjustable Weight Bench
The Pelpo Weight Bench is a well-built bench that is sturdy and steady. Thanks to its triangular mechanical support design. The material used is commercial quality steel and we think that for its price, you are already getting the best deal of this product.
It has a total of 6 level backrest adjustments as well as 3 feet positions, allowing you to adjust positions to do decline, incline, and flat weight bench workouts. During decline exercises, you can simply place the back pad horizontally.
This multi-position weight bench also has 660 Pounds weight capacity.
Those who do core work
People who are looking for convenient yet affordable home gym equipment, specifically an adjustable weight bench that is easy to use and store when not in use.
- 6 adjustable back support positions
- 2″ thick pad that is tear-resistant
- sturdy and steady
- Comes with a clear installation guide although it comes pre-assembled
- When you want to lower or lift the back adjustable portion of the bench, it may not line up properly to the bar that locks it into place.
5. CEAYUN Adjustable Strength Training Bench
This 7 position weight bench can be tailored to your training. You can simply adjust the back or seat pads and lay them in a declining, inclining, or flat position for both equipment-free and weightlifting exercises.
The CEAYUN Adjustable Weight Bench is almost fully assembled when delivered. It only takes about 2 minutes to assemble the back and front support tube as well as the foam rollers. You can also store it quickly in closets or under the bed for convenience.
Full-body workout as the incline and decline weight bench supports various kinds of sports programs and exercises, especially in-house bench press gym workouts.
- Foldable and easy assemble an adjustable bench
- 7-position weight bench (back and seat pads can be readjusted to various positions)
- Ergonomic design
- 600 pounds weight limit
- Not true upright (90 degrees) incline, which would have been ideal for shoulder press
- Few users said it’s a little wobbly sometimes (compared to high-end weight benches), but still sturdy
What to Look for in a Weight Bench Under $100 for Your Home Gym
Pick a workout bench that has a decent maximum user load for each training position and even the bar rest. Also, check the number of exercises that you can perform using the bench.
Adjustments or Settings
To get the most out of your weight bench within the $100 price range, know the accessories or upgrades that will allow you to increase the number of exercises you can perform. For instance, it has a cable pulley for triceps and back exercise or leg levers for leg workouts.
Safety and Comfort
Does the flat incline bench have a backrest that is large enough for your size? That way, it will allow you to press comfortably even at an incline.
In buying a utility weight bench, pick one that matches your height, weight, and strength. Carefully check the set of disc weights, bar, shoulder stands, the solidity of the bench, and its size, especially if you’re a tall guy.
Bottom line: Which One Should You Buy?
If you ask our opinion of which among these decline or incline benches is our top pick, then it would be the Pelpo Adjustable Weight Bench.
This portable strength training bench has three-way adjustability (flat, incline, decline) and six back pad adjustments. Its weight capacity is also better compared to other benches in this list.