Weightlifting, particularly heavy lifts, if done incorrectly can often lead to injury. Improper lifting posture, lack of core strength, and lifting excessive weight at a fast pace are just a few scenarios.
Fortunately, weightlifting belts have been created. These lifting belts are undeniably beneficial to weight lifters as it helps prevent them from getting injured.
These are intended to provide extra support by creating extra intra abdominal pressure, allowing you to be more stable during big lifts, it also helps lessen the pressure on the lower back of the spine, as well as prevent back hyperextension during overhead lifts.
With that, people have started to notice the benefits of weightlifting belts and started to gain their demand, so do the options available in the market.
That’s why we’ve decided to compile the best weightlifting belts available in the market, to help you decide which one to pick.
So if you are on the search for one, don’t worry! we got you covered! Keep reading to know more about it.
Top 5 Best Weightlifting Belt
This weightlifting belt Dark Iron Fitness is made from 100% genuine cowhide leather that will surely not break, or tear off during your workout session! It contains double stitching to provide that extra durability to support you.
As a double prong belt made from flexible leather, it allows you to wear them comfortably and securely in place giving you that peace of mind when you lift.
Its 4 mm thickness is just the perfect size to provide full support of your spine, back, and core that allows you to squat or deadlift for over 600 lbs without worries!
This will definitely take your work out to the next level!
- Allows to fit securely in place with plenty of holes available
- USAPL approved (national affiliate for the International Powerlifting Federation in the United States)
- Made from strong and sturdy high-quality leather
- Offers a variety of sizes from extra small to extra large (Measure using true waist size)
- Double prong system for extra security
- Uniform size profile that provides balance support all over
- Its dye color have chances of melting away
- Buckle belts take time to take off
- Expensive compared to other mentioned on the list
2. RitFit Weight Lifting Belt (Best for Beginners)
RitFit weightlifting belts are designed to provide secure and safe lumbar support and abdominal pressure to any strength training exercises and workouts like squats, lunges, deadlifts, and shoulder press.
It features a 6-inch wide waterproof foam core and softbound edges with a top-quality velcro strap and solid torque ring buckle for hook and loop closure, it allows a snugly fit around the waist for a comfortable workout without feeling restricted.
Is functional fitness and style are what you are aiming for? This velcro belt is definitely worth considering! As they offer a variety of unique colors to choose from.
- Velcro straps are easier to take on and off
- Offers a variety of unique colors
- Offers a variety of sizes from small to extra large
- Needs to be hand washed for cleaning
3. Element 26 Self-Locking Weightlifting (Best Self-Locking)
This Element 26 standout feature is its revolutionary full metal self-locking technology that allows users to not worry about the belt snapping open ever again! Just pull the easy-to-access release rollers to loosen the belt.
This weight belt is made from a 100% premium quality nylon belt, with the same width and length 4-inch profile which is considered to be effective for Olympic weightlifting athletes, functional fitness athletes, and powerlifting movements as it provides consistent, balanced intra abdominal pressure for stability during lifts!
- Made from premium high-quality materials and offers a lifetime warranty to back it up
- Competition approved lifting belt
- Easy to strap in and release
- Uniform size profile that is greatly recommended for a functional fitness athlete
- Competition approved
- Offers extra small to extra large waist size (Measure around the belly button)
- Has different color option to choose from
- If you are looking for padding for extra comfort, this is not ideal for you
4. ProFitness Genuine Leather Workout Belt (Best Stability)
This durable belt will surely last long! ProFitness weightlifting belt is made from top quality soft genuine leather that will not stretch or tear when working out. It has sturdy rivets and reinforced stitching that ensures extra durability.
It features an adjustable double prong buckle system that surely won’t slip when performing squats bending, lifting, and straining. Allows support to maintain proper form, prevent back injury, and help sustain abdominal pressure
This is ideal for Crossfit athletes, powerlifters, and regular daily fitness. Go get that confidence to lift heavier with this Pro Fitness leather belt!
Not satisfied? return it within 60 days for a full, money-back refund!
- Offers sizes from small to extra large
- 60 days money back warranty
- Stretch and tear-resistant
- A little thicker than other belts
- The sizes provided are not that accurate
- Buckle belts take time to take off
- Expensive belt compared to other mentioned on the list
5. Harbinger Padded Leather Contoured Weightlifting Belt with Suede Lining and Steel Roller Buckle (Best Value)
If comfort is what you’re after, Harbinger Padded Leather is for you!
This weightlifting belt has interior foam cushioning and a suede lining that provides enhanced comfort when lifting weights. With a heavy-duty dual prong steel roller buckle that guarantees that it fits securely in place.
You have the option to choose from either a 4 inch or 6-inch size padded leather belt. Its thicker belt provides more coverage ideal for larger body size and increased stability.
- Enhanced comfort with its foam cushion
- Optin to choose from either a 4 inch or 6-inch size lifting belt
- Offers a variety of sizes from small to extra extra large
- Hard to clean
What to Look For When Buying
1. Material Used
Choosing a material will be based on your intended use.
For Novice weightlifters, a nylon belt is more ideal as it takes less time to break in. While a leather weightlifting belt is ideal for those who are more advanced as it takes some time to break-in, but will last a long time.
This will depend on how much weight an individual is planning to lift.
Competitive lifters may prefer a thinner belt as their range of motion may slightly be affected by the wider options, but newer lifters may want the extra support and would go to wider ones.
3. Ability to Fasten Securely
Lever belt, velcro belt, single or double prong buckle belt are some ways to secure a weightlifting belt in place.
Lever and velcro are the easiest to get off while the prong system provides a more customizable compression.
However, a prong system can easily be tightened by transferring it to a different hole when needed adjustment, but a lever requires removing the whole with each compression change.
Final Verdict: Which One Should You Buy?
Our top pick? Element 26 Self-Locking Weightlifting!
What we love about this great belt is that it provides everything a lifting belt should, minus the hassle! Its self-locking technology allows it to be securely fastened in place while also allowing it to be removed easily.
On top of that, they are confident about the high-quality material used as they offer a lifetime warranty.
They are competition-approved and offer a variety of pretty colors too!
If you like this article, you might want to read our other reviews at ExpertFitness.org.